When I try to start my game, I get the following error message
Unable to start: Can’t run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed.[0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:00000000]
The cause for this issue is unclear.
It is possible that either causes given in the message are the case.
please try the following things and test after each. If you’re issue is solved, you don’t need to do the rest.
The exe files for Sims 4 can be found here: <Installation Path>\Game\Bin\ts4.exe (32 bit) and ts4_64.exe (64 bit)
- Make sure the computer meets the minimum requirements of the game.
- See if it starts in windowed mode
- Disable Fullscreen Optimization for Sims 4.
- Turn off Origin In Game
- If you have a dual graphics system, make sure the game runs on the card and not the chip
- Update your drivers directly from the Graphics Card website
- Uninstall and reinstall your graphics drivers
- Rollback to earlier graphics drivers
- Repair the game through Origin