Those are in this blog commonly used abbreviations and terms
- Backup: A copy of a file/ folder to recover lost data later.
- Bug: A Error in the game (also called glitch)
- CAS = Create-a-Sim
- CC = Custom Content: Third-party content for your game.
- CDT = Crash to Desktop: When your game closes without a warning
- DL = Downloads: Stuff you download for your game.
- EP: Expansionpack
- Hacks or Mods: 3rd party tools that change the behavior of your game.
- Log/ Log Files: Protocol of what happend.
- Mods or Hacks: 3rd party tools that change the behavior of your game.
- MTS – ModTheSims: Website, that has lots of good tutorials, downlaods and help
- Patch: Update of the game that usually help remove bugs.
- Plumbob: The green ‘thing’ that hangs above a active sims. The Sims trademark.
- Registry: Part of Windows. All important stuff concerning your OS is stored here. See Wiki.
- Savegame: The current state of you game when it was saved last.
- TS2, TS3, TS4: Sims 2, Sims 3 Ã´r Sims 4
- TSR – The Sims Resource: Webseite with Tools and download (part of it pay) and forum.
- Vanilla Game: Game that is played without mods or cc.