I get the following error message
Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.
Unable to start: Cannot start because game data is missing or damaged. If you have Mods installed please remove them and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.
There are several causes for these messages. Especially Option B is mostly due to incompatible mods/CC
- Corrupt or incompatible mods/cc
- Especially Windows 10 has many security features that can prevent the game from creating the needed user folder or block the access otherwise.
- Corrupt Installation
- Hardware Issues
- Remove the download. To find the culprit, use the 50/50 Method.
- The following tips need to be done for the exe-File of the game. It's best to do it for both the 32 bit Version (TS4.exe) as well as TS4_64.exe). Also add the Origin.exe file.
Both Sims files can be found in the folder <Installation folder>\Game\Bin and \Game\Bin_LE
The Origin file can be found in the folder you installed Origin in (Default: c:\programs(x86)\Origin)
- Turn off controlled folder Access or add the files as exceptions
- Add Sims 4 and Origin as an exception to your Antivirus/Firewall (refer to the handbook of the software you use)
- Start the game and Origin as administrator.
- Repair the game through Origin.
- Run a Chkdsk on your computer to make sure your hard drive is fine.