This bug was fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35
My Sim travels to another lot and everything I’ve newly added to my inventory is being removed.
My Sim travels to another lot and everything I’ve deleted from my inventory is back.
There are multiple bugs concerning items disappearing from inventory. The solution below is for a specific cause. It can probably also happen with other LEs.
The issue occurs if a lastException (LE) occurs while the Sim is travelling. The inventory is being reset to the state of the last saved game.
The main issue are Sims that are children of Father Winter although not those Sims are affected but some others. The Father Winter Baby trait is causing a LE while travelling which resets the inventory. The Sims that have the issue probably have some connection to Father Winter Children.
It also only seems an issue if the Father Winter Children don’t live anywhere, especially Ghosts.
The solutions below help but since the issue can occur again, it’s good to save before you travel, preferably under a new name.
Save your game before going travelling. This helped for me when testing this issue. Not optimal as it’s something you need to remember each time and can be forgotten at times.
Make sure that all Father Winter Children live somewhere. For ghosts, send them to the Netherworld (haven’t been able to test if that helps). Doesn’t seem to help in all cases.
Remove the trait with cheats
- testingcheats true
- Make sure the Sim that has the trait is active.
- traits.remove_trait HolidayTradition_FatherWinterBaby
If you don’t know which Sims have the trait, it’s getting a bit more complicated and you need mods to find out who has the trait.
- MC Command Center by Deaderpool to remove the trait the easy way (Active Sim > MCCC > MC CAS > Manage Traits > Remove Trait)
- Show/Search Sim Info Mod by itasan2 to find out which Sims have the trait (Search Sims > Trait:FatherWinterBaby > Get list of all Sims that have the trait)
- Fix for FatherWinterBaby by LeRoiDeTout. This mod should fixe the issue permanently and stop the LE.