I’m sending my Sims to bed but they either get back up after a very short time or just wave as if something was blocking their way. I can’t get them to sleep.
This issue can have several causes and it is possible that something is not working as it should.
- Incompatible Mod
- Pets are keeping the Sim from sleeping
- A noise source is keeping the Sims from sleeping
- The relationship to the Sim you’re sharing the bed with is not high enough
- Double beds are not accessible from both sides.
- Something on the wall or on the ceiling is blocking the bed.
- The room is not closed.
- Sims have some (invisible) stuck object on them that’s preventing them from sleeping or any other interactions
- Use the 50/50 Method to find the culprit.
- You can scold the pets to not wake you up anymore.
- Common noise sources are: TV & Stereos, ear buds, wind chimes, babies .. make sure they are in other rooms or turned off (yeah, not the babies, they somehow don’t seem to have a switch off button).
- Make sure your Sim has a good relationship to the Sim they’re supposed to share the bed with.
- This cause is going in the direction of a bug as they’re supposed to scoot over which they don’t always do. If there’s already a sleeping Sim in the bed than scooting over is not possible. Make sure that double beds you wish to use for two Sims are not directly placed against a wall on the sides.
- Check all pictures and ceiling lamps. Especially with low walls, some of the ceiling lamps can lead to routing issues.
- If your bedroom only has an arch instead of a door and the room isn’t completely closed off otherwise, noise sources from other rooms can also become an issue.
- Reset the Sim or reload your save (you can save the game)
If you still have issues after trying all these, please post in the AHQ bug report on it: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims won’t stay in bed. Please also provide your save game.