Sims can freeze or they get stuck or certain animations won’t go away. To solve the issue it’s the easiest to reset the Sim.
Doing this can get a Sim out of the current bugged state. He will drop everything he’s doing and be put in a safe state.
Sims 4 has several options to achieve the same. Some of the solutions given below can have side effects.
Option A: Travel to a different lot
- Click on M
- Choose a different lot
- Choose all stuck Sims to travel to that lot
- Click OK to travel there
Option B: Debug-Menu
Option C: Reset
- resetsim FirstName LastName (Name of the affected Sim).
Option D: Teleport Sim to a different place
Option E: Move out and back in
- Click on Manage World in the upper right corner
- Click on Manage Household in the upper right corner
- Click on the household you want to move and then click on the truck and move the Sim to a different (or the same) lot. You can also click on the two arrows and just split one or more of the Sims to move.
- Cheat new money if necessary.
- If this helped, you’re done
- If this didn’t help, go back to Manage World and click on the three dots in the lower right corner and choose Evict Household
- Click on OK (be aware that all businesses will be sold)
- Then move them back in via the household manager (Step 3)
- Rebuy your businesses.
Option F: Press the ESC Key
In some cases freezes can be resolved by pressing the ESC key and opening the menu this way.