There’s currently a variant of this on PC happening. It’s unclear at this point how to solve it.
Please provide your information here if you have this numberError code 135dec40:3fbbecd0
Mac has a new issue since Patch 1.62.67. Please see this for details: Workarounds for The Sims 4 Locale Issue
If you are on PC Windows, use the steps given below.
If you are on a Mac, please check out this post by Bluebellflora: Initialization error at startup
I get the following Error Message: Unable to Start, Initialization error at startup.
- The game doesn’t get enough rights to start the game
- Windows Controlled Folder access blocks the creation of a user folder.
- Antivirus/Firewall are blocking Sims 4
- Missing Admin rights
- The issue is related to a corrupt Origin installation
- Also occurs if you have Origin on a different drive than Sims 4
SolutionThe following tips need to be done for the exe-File of the game. It's best to do it for both the 32 bit Version (TS4.exe) as well as TS4_64.exe). Also add the Origin.exe file. Both Sims files can be found in the folder <Installation folder>\Game\Bin and \Game\Bin_LE The Origin file can be found in the folder you installed Origin in (Default: c:\programs(x86)\Origin)
- Turn off controlled folder Access or add the files as exceptions
- Add Sims 4 and Origin as an exception to your Antivirus/Firewall (refer to the handbook of the software you use)
- Start the game and Origin as administrator.