Origin not running (d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000)
This error should no longer occur since Origin for Windows is history. I’m unsure if there’s similar issue for EA app
When I try to start the game, I get the following error message:
Unable to Start: Origin is not running, make sure that it is running before attempting to play the Sims 4 [d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000]
The Sims 4 needs the latest version of Origin installed. This message is very common if you upgraded to Windows 10 and didn’t reinstall Origin.
- Uninstall your current version of Origin and download the newest one. Then install that.
- If you’re still having issues, do a manual, clean uninstall of Origin by following instructions here: Manually Uninstalling the Origin client and then try to install the newest version again.
The issue can be caused my missing rights
Windows now has a lot of security measurements to make sure external programs don’t harm your computer. This can be the reason that the game doesn’t have enough rights to execute a function and it gets blocked.
You can find the files for Sims 4/Origin here
- <Installation folder>\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe
- <Installation folder>\Game\Bin_LE\TS4.exe
- c:\programs(x86)\Origin Games\origin.exe (Path can very depending on your installation)
- C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\EA Desktop\EADesktop.exe
You are using an illegal version of Sims 4
You won’t get any help for illegal versions here.
Other things to try
- Repair the game through Origin.
- Deactivate Origin ingame
- Scan your system for viruses
- Try setting your time and time zone to automatic
- Start the game in compatibility mode
- Try a Clean Boot.
- Troubleshoot the connection.
Last resort: Switch back to 32 bit