- All the new interactions have numbers/codes instead of text after patching
- I get empty text bubbles and missing texts for the new features after patching/installing Get to Work
This issue is caused by a problem where the language file does not get updated properly when patching.
The language file can be found here: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client\Strings_ENG_US.package (ENG_US may differ depending on your language).
Check on the date. It should have a date around the time of the latest patch release. If that file is not current, the strings to be displayed are missing, hence the codes.
If your file has the correct date, this issue can also be caused by mods. Make sure they are up-to-date or remove them.
The following have been identified as culprits
- Backup your user files
- Delete the following file from your hard drive: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4(.exe) (Path may vary depending on your operating system and path of installation). If you have known extensions hidden, it will be just TS4
- Go to the Origin â€œMy Gamesâ€ library
The Sims 4 game tile will change from â€œPlayâ€ to â€œDownloadâ€
- Start the Download
Origin may prompt you for what language to install in, if it does make sure to choose the same language you originally installed The Sims 4 in.
- These steps are for PC only.
- Make sure your Origin client is set to the same language that it was set to when you originally installed The Sims 4.
- Make sure your Origin client â€œDownloaded Gamesâ€ location (set via Advanced panel in Application Settings) is the same as when you originally installed The Sims 4.
- If these steps fail, it is recommended that you fully uninstall and reinstall The Sims 4 via Origin