The Bust the Dust Kit brings dust into your homes so that you have to constantly clean them. This can get on your nerves after some time and maybe you don’t want to play dust in every household you play.
The game has an option to turn off dust on save game level. It’s not possible to disable it per households but since the dust is only supposed to affect the household you’re currently playing, you can just turn it on/off when you switch households to simulate dust per household.
The set currently has quite a few bugs and some people report that the option to turn off the dust has no effect.
If you want to turn off the set completely for now until EA fixes this, you can disable the pack.
The sets code is: SP22
Load your save game
Click on the three dots in the upper right corner
Choose the tab Pack Settings
Scroll down to Bust the Dust
Check the option if you want to turn it on for the played household or uncheck to turn it off.
There are quite a few bugs with the pack at the moment. I don’t want to list them all here but the ones below are relevant for this post.
- Still has effects even after I turned them off
- Community lots get dirty
- Bunnies and filth fiends are too frequent
- Floors become clean/dust bunnies disappear on travelling/Reloading
- Dust doesn’t work for haunted or tiny houses
- Scrollbar in the game options is missing/game freezes when changing the option –> Console bug. Collapse the other options to make the bust the dust one visible. For PC/Mac this is caused by a mod incompatibility