I installed the expansion pack Eco Lifestyle and now everything seems to go wrong. Among others I have the following issues:
- Sims cook and cook and never eat up (especially white cake)
- All my furniture is disappearing. My own house as well as community lots. This leads to my restaurant being incomplete and non-functional.
- My Sims are obsessed with playing with the future cube and the lump of clay and constantly interrupt whatever they are doing to play. If I change to another family, I find tons of these objects in the Sims inventory
- NPCs can’t stop playing instruments and gather tons of them in their inventory
- Sims interrupt their interactions to do push-ups
- My Sims are flirting with everyone they see in the streets
- My Sims accumulate trash piles in their inventory.
- NPCs constantly start brawls with the neighbors.
The cause isn’t clear in every case but the main cause for this are the neighborhood action plans (NAP). Apart from a few bugs, the plans seem to be very much overpowered and the pushes that make Sims do stuff are way to high.
The NAPs all have different properties that makes the NPCs do stuff and that with no limit.
The action plan Sharing is Caring for example make NPCs take your furniture on the active lot and so that soon there’s nothing left. Free Love allows it that each Sim can flirt with others without consequences and other plans make Sims cook, make music or play with the future cube and the lump of clay
Active Sims aren’t supposed to be pushed but while playing rotationally further bugs can also make them engage in activities you don’t want them to, free will on or not.
The main bug with this is that not only the action plans for your current neighborhood is active (as it’s supposed to be) but all active action plans from every single neighborhood in all worlds. If you have all packs and with up to 4 active action plans in the same hood, it’s all of them very soon.
What happens in the end is that every Sim in the active neighborhood of the played Sims is pushed by each action plan, leaving behind chaos.
Not a whole lot. If you’re starting a new save, it’s best to turn off NPC voting in the options. This way you can control which action plans are active.
If you have already played and already have active action plans, you need to remove them all manually. Go to each neighborhood and remove each action plan.
You can do so by choosing Repeal Neighborhood action plan or via cheat (testingcheats true -> Shift-Click on the mail box or the board)
Mods that help with the issue
- NPC Neighbourhood Action Plan Autonomy Fixes by Simvasion
- Eco Lifestyle Interactions Fixes bySimvasion
Please click me too on this thread if you have the issues:
Further AHQ threads on the issue
- Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking
- Playing Instruments (Promote Performing Arts)
- Sports (Rock your Body)
- Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else
- Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories
- Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A.P
- Random Romance Interactions w/wo active NAP
- Random trash piles in inventory
- Sims keep getting into brawls with EVERYONE
- Sims are obsessed with programming