A lot of modern laptops come with a dual graphics card system. They have a full graphics card as well as a graphics chip.
Since graphics chip are not made for gaming, you should force the game to use the card and not the chip by following instructions below.
- Right-click on your desktop and choose Nvidia Control Panel
- Click on Manage 3D settings.
- Click on the Program Settings tab if its not already selected.
- Step 1: Select TS4.exe (for 32 bit version) or TS4_64.exe (for 64 bit version). Use the Add button to get it since it usually doesn’t show up in the drop-down list on its own. You find the file in programs(x86)\Origin_Games\thesims4\Game\Bin (Path may differ)
- Step 2: Select High-Performance Nvidia Processor.
- Right-click and choose Configure switchable graphics.
- A window opens that will allow you to choose that card for whatever programs you want.
- Make sure the check box in this window that says show a pop up warning for unassigned applications is checked
- The next time you run the game, a pop up should open and let you designate the better graphics card for the game.