- I try to open the cheat console but nothing happens
- I try to open the cheat console but the game only takes a screenshot
- The cheat console opens in fullscreen and windowed fullscreen mode but not in windowed mode.
Things to try
- Make sure you use the correct key combination (CTL-SHIFT-C). Mac uses the same combination.
- Make sure that no screenshot or other program is running in the back that uses the same key combination like Gyazo. Especially HP computers tend to have pre-installed software that conflict with the cheat shortcut. Make sure to disable those background programs.
- If you have an AMD Card, check on the settings to check if something else is assigned to the short-cut
- Make sure that the game has the focus, especially when playing in windowed mode.
- Try CTL-Shift--C instead.
- When in build/buy mode, make sure the focus isn’t on the search field.
- Reset all settings. To do so follow these steps:
- Close the game.
- Move this file to the desktop: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Options(.ini).
- Start the game.
- The file will be recreated.
- Unfortunately this will reset all your graphics settings and similar as well and you need to re-set them.
- Test if the console appears.