The cats & dogs patch is upon us and it huge. It fixes tons of issues and I’m pretty happy about which bugs I’m seeing on the list such as the festival spawning into each other, the speed 3 time jumps and the weird clothing festival goer and walk-by vampires were wearing. Music looping should also be a thing of the past.
There are a few painfully absent on the list such as the wash dish spamming and the broken detective career .. but we can continue to hope cause .. see below for all the details what they DID fix. It’s A LOT.
There’s also a lot of new stuff, most of which has been covered by SimsCamp attendees. The most important to me are the culling changes but I’m sure many of you love the new roofs and the shrink cheat which are coming with the patch as well.
I strongly advise to backup your saves before playing with this patch. Also don’t forget to remove your mods and don’t just turn them back on. Most will be incompatible.
There will also be fixes not mentioned in the patch notes. With such a huge patch, there’s bound to be more. Test your issue before reporting it as not fixed. Be also aware that some issues might be fixed but they might still be broken on existing saves. Not everything can be fixed on those. If you’re not too attached to your save and you’re having lots of issues, now might be a good time to start over. You can save your houses and Sims to the library/gallery and then place them in a new save.
If you find new issues or stuff you are sure is not fixed, please report them at the bug forum at AHQ.
You better sit down for this one. Sit! Stay. Good.
There’s a bit here, a bit new, a bit old, a bit no longer busted. And it might take a bit of time to bite through it. So, let’s roll over, try not to get dogged down, and dig on in.
- Four new roofs are available in Build Mode: Pentagonal, Hexagonal, Octagonal, and Round Roofs!
- All four can be found in the Roofs category.
- Advanced Curvature Mode!
- When you have a roof selected, hit SHIFT+C to expand your roof curvature edit options.
- Gabled and Hipped roofs have additional manipulation points so their eaves can be adjusted on all 4 sides.
- Photography has been made available to all players.
- The Barely Better Digital Camera, Appreciably Average Digital Camera, and Crystal Clear Digital Camera objects are now available in Build Mode.
- The Cell Phone interactions: Take Selfie, Take Photo With, Take Photo Of, and Take Photo, are available under from the cell phone entertainment menu.
- Photography Skill can be learned by your Sims up to a skill level of 5.
- Photos taken with the camera can have frames added to them.
- Place the photo in the world, click on it, and select Add Frame.
- My Households
- The “My Households” panel in the Manage Household screen allows easier management of which households are considered important. Households placed in this panel are protected from being… deleted.
- The “Maximum Sim Count” option specifies the number of protected Sims allowed. If the limit is reached, existing households need to be unprotected before new ones can be added.
- The limit can be changed and does include an “Unlimited” option, although this setting is not recommended as it may cause performance issues or other undesirable behavior.
- Shrink Objects, you can now shrink objects in your game using the Size Down cheat!
- Similar to the Size Up cheat, which uses the Close Bracket, the Size Down cheat uses the Open Bracket.
- This only changes the visual appearance of the object, and not the behavior.
- Using it alongside MOO can allow you to create some great decorative configurations – like shelves full of MySim collectibles, or a Gulliver land to explore!
- Be wary however, not all objects shrink or enlarge as expected. It is a cheat after all.
- Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar is now optionally available at the Main Menu, click on the button, and follow the instructions for how you can download the guitar.
- Alright, stop playing dead. Time to heel in. Get through the final stretch, and really let our tongues wag.
Ok, that was a lot. Let’s just close this out simply, with a handshake… shake. Good. Here’s a treat, now out you go. Go on, time to pee. I’m off to cat nap.