Your mods will be automatically disabled.
Please do make sure they are redeemed safe by the creator before enabling mods again and backup your save games.
Please also read this post carefully: In Preparation for patching
So we have a new patch .. Anniversary patch that comes with a menu overhaul and some T-Shirts.
Bug-fix-wise there isn’t a whole lot. Perks are fixed again as well as the lip synchronization while taking/singing. Lot types in Granite Falls are also back to the way they were.
Complete changes below.
Happy Anniversary Simmers!
It was 16 years, 11 months, and 29 days ago that the Sims were born!! And we wanted to be the first to wish you all a Happy 16th11th29th Anniversary!
Since then, there have been well over a 100 Sim births and deaths. 10s of homes built, and burned, and…
Ok, look, they don’t actually give me any real stats. I’m sure I’m close though… somewhere within a light year of error… it’s all relative.
This little life-simulation game about telling stories, controlling lives, burning down kitchens, inviting the neighbors to hang out in your basement and then removing the doors, building amazing homes, and just watching their lives unfold as you tweak away, is now (almost) 17 years old, and we hope you have, had, and will have fun with The Sims!
With that, we have just a little new…
The Main Menu has gone through a small redressing.
Upon your next load, you will be met with a new, but hopefully familiar looking, Main Menu. The summary of changes being:
- Continue (the big play button), other than a location shift, functions exactly as it did
- New Game and Load Game have come down from their hidden corner, and are now found alongside the Continue button.
- Adding a household to an existing save is located on the Map view screen in the lower right
- The upper right menus have been simplified to only include Gallery and the Options menu
- And the lower left contains all the information you might want regarding packs.
We’ve also added a shirt (for toddlers and older) to celebrate the 17th anniversary (found in Create a Sim in the T-Shirt sort).
And we have a couple of critical issue fixes…
And with that… we wish you a happy journey with us on The Sims, and look forward to your machinima, blogs, tweets, posts, screens, and vids of all things Sims.