After arresting a Sims and returning to the police station, the suspect is
- Nowhere to be found
- the new chief of police
I can’t issue another APB or cancel the case
- For some reason the suspect doesn’t make it to the police lot.
- You’re using mods and you have > 8 Sims in your household. Since there can only be 20 Sims on a lot at the same time, it can happen that the lot already has too many Sims (especailly since the game seems to count all household Sims to that total, whether they are on the lot or not)
- The suspect is stuck at the spawning point of the lot.
- The suspect is a policemen themselves.
- Finish the day by either doing other task or end the shift early and go home. The suspect should be on the lot the next day. If not follow the solution below.
- Increase the amount of Sims allowed on a lot. You need a mod like MCCC for this
- Check the map and try to interact with stuck Sims.
- The following steps should help if the suspect is a policenen themselves. The problem shouldn’t occur anymore but there have been newer reports. I’m going to leave the solution for further reference.