When I try to start the game, I get the following error message:
Unable to Start: Origin is not running, make sure that it is running before attempting to play the Sims 4 [d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000]
The Sims 4 needs the latest version of Origin installed. This message is very common if you upgraded to Windows 10 (or if you run an illegal version in which case you’re out of luck)
- Uninstall your current version of Origin and download the newest one from here: https://origin.com/download. Then install that.
- If you’re still having issues, do a manual, clean uninstall of Origin by following instructions here: Manually Uninstalling the Origin client and then try to install the newest version again.
- Turn off controlled folder Access or add the files as exceptions
- Add Sims 4 and Origin as an exception to your Antivirus/Firewall (refer to the handbook of the software you use)
- Start the game and Origin as administrator.
Other things to try
- Scan your system for viruses
- Try setting your time and time zone to automatic
- Start the game in compatibility mode
- Try a Clean Boot.
- Make sure the TCP port 3216 is open.
- Last resort: Switch back to 32 bit