A lot of issues that occur after installing a new patch are caused by incompatible mods. A patch changes files that are overwritten by a mod which leads to conflicts and missing interactions.
Custom Content and Mods (Tuning & Script) can cause issues. Please always check everything.
Make sure your mods are current before playing.
Start up Issues
- UI is faulty in CAS –> Mostly More Columns in Create a Sim
- UI is faulty in Live Mode, the gallery or CAS –> Mostly UI Cheat Extension Mod
- Sims look disfigured.
- Sims are covered in false textures.
- My game is missing all beds. I get a script error when I want to place new ones
- Sim can’t interact with the TV
- Sim can’t go to the toilet
- The phone doesn’t have the new interactions
- The game is stuck in pause mode
- Sims can’t get married
- Sims can’t garden or water plants
- My Sims don’t react to orders.
More known issues
- [FIXED] Sim doesn’t wear assigned club outfit
- [CC RELATED] Sims can’t eat / put food on the floor
- [MOD RELATED] All doors are gone/ Can’t place new doors
- [MOD/CC RELATED] Several Issues with Mermaid
- [MOD RELATED] White Boxes in CAS
- [MOD RELATED] Deleted Households/ Blue flashing Rectangles
- [CC BEDS] Error Code: 102:20ece5dd
- [MOD RELATED] Sims in dorms can’t use the elevator
These issues are caused by mods which are related to the issue at hand in most cases
Lists can be found here
In most cases it’s enough to delete or update the mod. If that doesn’t hep, also clear your cache files or repair the game through Origin. Depending on the issue, it can happen that removing the mod, does not remove the issue from the save game if you already loaded the game with the bugged mod. In this case, load a Backup.