Update June 7th, 2019
This issue was solved a while ago as autosaves are a thing of the past. See this if still have issues with loosing your progress: How to find your user folder
- I get the the following error message when trying to load a save game: The saved game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4 than is currently installed. Please update in order to safely load this saved game.
- I get the following error message when I trying to save a game.
‘The game failed to save. Error Code: 0.
- In Build mode I can build exactly one thing at the time.
Seems to be a conflict/corruption with the current save games
If you just have save error 0 you can try if you can save by using save as and save to a new name. If you have have three issues, follow instructions below:
- Close the game
- Go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/cache
- Delete all the cache files.
- Move your saves folder to your desktop
- Start the game to create a new saves folder
- Your game should now be back in working order but your existing save games are also gone.
- Try to put each save game from the folder on your desktop into the new one (one at the time) and see if any of them still work. The one with the name slot001 is the auto save and is most probably the culprit since they tend to corrupt when the game crashes.
- The game keeps the last few saves you make. Here’s instructions how to recover them: How do I restore a backup ?
- If not, I’m afraid that you will need to start over.
How to prevent
This issue is most often caused by a corrupt auto-save (slot_00000001). Because of this, I recommend to not rely on it. First thing you do after starting a new game is save it under a new name so it’s saved to another slot. Save on a regular basis. Use save as and not save to have multiple saves you can go back to.
Also backup your saves folder after every play session to an external drive or just a different space on your hard drive.