Update October, 18th 2022
The Sims 4 base game is now free. The demo has been discontinued.
Update June, 29th 2022
The CAS Demo does no longer connect to the Gallery.
More details can be found here: Update for The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo – June 29, 2020!
Update August, 12th 2014
CAS Demo is now available to everyone: Get it on Origin
Update July, 18th 2014
If you want to be chosen for an early access, make sure to sign up for it: The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo: Early Access Signup!
Update July, 9th 2014
As of yesterday, a select group of Simmers has gotten access to the demo. To check if you were among them, go to your Origin account on the Origin client and check if you have access. Some people also got keys through various channels so also check your email and spam folders.
EA is rolling out demos in waves. Make sure to check your Origin account and Email from time to time.
I also got a key and I tried to make a Crinrict Sim I gladly share. I will make a post with more details about all kinds of stuff soon.
If you did not get the Demo, don’t be sad, it will be available to everyone later.
EA as announced yesterday that there will be a public CAS Dem for everyone. There is no definite date at this point but here is that most important info that is available right now. Please do not fall for any scam sites.
- The CAS Demo will be available for everyone this summer
- The CAS Demo will be exclusively available through Origin. If yo see a demo on another site (especially atm) that is a scam with the only aim to get your account data or give you a virus. Don’t fall for it.
- You will not need a constant Internet Connection to use it, just to download.
- The Demo will be completely free.
- The Demo contains a sampling of content
- The Demo is not available for Mac.
- Sims you create can later be uploaded to the gallery
- The households can be found on your hard disc in documents\thesims4CASdemo\Tray
More info to follow once the Demo is actually available.
The Demo has the following system specs